How to show image on mouseover in Excel?
In some cases, you may want to insert an image that only shows when the mouse is over it in Excel, and here I will tell you how to make such a pop-up picture in Excel.
The program is installed on a computer in two versions – as a standalone program and as a plug-in within Word and Excel. The standalone program is using for redacting multiple files at once and for other advanced operations. The plug-in is used to redact a single Word or Excel file. A word of caution: When Redact Assistant redacts, it means it.
- To install Office, try signing in directly to the Microsoft 365 Software page instead. Select the language and bit-version you want (PC users can choose between 32-bit and 64-bit), and then click Install. See Steps 2 and 3 on the PC or Mac tabs above to help you with the rest of the install process.
- In SSIS, on the Connection manager page of the Excel Source Editor or of the Excel Destination Editor, do one of the following things: To use a worksheet or a named range, select Table or view as the Data access mode. Then, in the Name of the Excel sheet list, select the worksheet or named range.
- If you are installing from a DVD or USB thumb drive, insert or connect it, then click the on screen notification. If setup does not start automatically, click Start File Explorer This PC open the drive containing the Windows 10 setup files, then double click Setup.exe.
How To Install Excel Add In
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment..
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Insert a pop-up picture by using comment
Amazing! Using Efficient Tabs in Excel Like Chrome, Firefox and Safari!
Save 50% of your time, and reduce thousands of mouse clicks for you every day!
In Excel, if you want to insert a pop-up picture, you need the aid of a comment.
1. Select a cell that you want to place the image at, and then right click to select Insert Comment from the context menu. See screenshot:
2. Then a comment is inserted in the cell, and place the pointer at the border of the comment until the pointer change to a cross with arrows. And then right click to select Format Comment from the context menu. See screenshot:
3. In the Format Comment dialog, click Colors and Lines tab, and then click the down-arrow from Color, and select Fill Effects. See screenshot:
4. Click Picture tab and then click Select Picture to select a picture you need, then click Insert. See screenshots:
Note: In Excel 2013, after clicking the SelectPicture button in the Fill effects dialog, specify the From a file option, and then select a picture and click the Insert button.
5. Click OK > OK to close dialogs. Then you will see the picture is inserted in the comment. See screenshot:
Microsoft word turn off hyphenation. 6. Then you can click the comment, and delete the user name, and then a pop-up picture has made. See screenshot:
Tip: You need to make sure the Show All Comments is not active on the Review tab.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel Solves Most of Your Problems, and Increases Your Productivity by 80%
- Reuse: Quickly insert complex formulas, charts and anything that you have used before; Encrypt Cells with password; Create Mailing List and send emails..
- Super Formula Bar (easily edit multiple lines of text and formula); Reading Layout (easily read and edit large numbers of cells); Paste to Filtered Range..
- Merge Cells/Rows/Columns without losing Data; Split Cells Content; Combine Duplicate Rows/Columns.. Prevent Duplicate Cells; Compare Ranges..
- Select Duplicate or Unique Rows; Select Blank Rows (all cells are empty); Super Find and Fuzzy Find in Many Workbooks; Random Select..
- Exact Copy Multiple Cells without changing formula reference; Auto Create References to Multiple Sheets; Insert Bullets, Check Boxes and more..
- Extract Text, Add Text, Remove by Position, Remove Space; Create and Print Paging Subtotals; Convert Between Cells Content and Comments..
- Super Filter (save and apply filter schemes to other sheets); Advanced Sort by month/week/day, frequency and more; Special Filter by bold, italic..
- Combine Workbooks and WorkSheets; Merge Tables based on key columns; Split Data into Multiple Sheets; Batch Convert xls, xlsx and PDF..
- More than 300 powerful features. Supports Office/Excel 2007-2019 and 365. Supports all languages. Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization. Full features 30-day free trial. 60-day money back guarantee.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!
How To Install Microsoft Excel
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
Excel Image Assistant Free
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Great tip - thanks for this! I was wondering how to place pictures in Excel which only appear when you need them - for instance, in a catalogue of parts.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.I added the comment/picture in a cell above freeze panel. and when I scroll down on the page, the display (the Comment/picture) got covered up, how can I make the comment/picture shows at all times?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.I have tried to right click on the boarder, but the only options that appear are grouping and arrange. Is there another way? I have Excel 2016
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.I have the same problem. Can't get the format comments menu. Just get grouping and arrange. Tried click g everywhere. I have a 2017 excel for mac.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.There's a discussion here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_mac-mso_mac2016/change-excel-cell-comment-line-color/3b3bf219-a778-4d45-a982-34c8fc3eb933 where an MS person replies like so: Unlike Excel 2011 for Mac or Excel 2016 for Windows, there is no option to change the background color of comment box in Excel 2016 for Mac.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.In case you never found a solution, still works in Excel 2016 for windows but you need to right click on the border of the comment, not the interior!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Worked for me, thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Can this be done in excel 2010?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.I was successful the first time i tried but then for the cell directly beneath MS Excel would stop working and close automatically. Any ideas what's going on? Thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Great solution. It would have taken me a month of Sundays to figure that out. It worked perfect for my eBay selling spreadsheet, as I can now see a picture of the sold item when I hover over the name. Thanks!
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Is there a way to do this with less steps, like a Macro? I would like to create a template where it is easy and quick to add photos to a comment like this. Does anyone know if this is possible?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.@JASON:Go fuck Your self
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.[quote name='Not A Nice Guy']@JASON:Go fuck Your self[/quote]
I had a wee chuckle, lol :D
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.When I click on the format comments - I don't get the same screen shown above. It only gives me a font option - I don't get all of the other options. I am using Excel 2013 is there something you have to do to enable the full options for the format comments?
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.This is problem I got as well :(
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.@Tonja,
have you the comment selected (blinking I inside comment) or the box of the commend? You should not see the blinking I inside the comment box.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Tonja, you need to select the outside edge of the comment box, if you are in 'text edit mode' then it will show text format options.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.Nice solution!
Can I do something similiar in Google Sheets?